Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rishu's Journey

Meet Rishu.

Rishu is an owner surrender at 8 years old. She was dumped at a high kill shelter that isn't known for their clean environments. Her time was very, very short. Only two-three days at max.

Unfortunately, all the rescues were full and no one was able to take her in. Her time would be up in one day.

I decided that we could not possibly let that happen. So we stepped up to adopt her as a private citizen in hopes of helping her find her forever home and having a second chance at the good life.

After our decision to get her, the shelterdiscovered she is heartworm positive and understood if I no longer wanted her. They told me if I wasn't coming for her still that they would euthanize her immediately since she was already at the vet.

OF COURSE I WAS STILL COMING TO GET HER!!

She will be coming home tomorrow. She needs heartworm treatment, which is going to run around $500. Can you help give this old lady a second chance?

If you can find in your heart to donate just a dollar to help Rishu, I will be forever grateful. Rishu deserves a second chance at the good life.















1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo glad you are going to get her :)
    I cannot wait to see her and I know old man Yoshi brought her to you :)

    ReplyDelete